9.28.2010

Appleworks!

We have been planning for over a month to stay with Audri and go to Appleworks. Appleworks is an apple orchard in Trafalgar, their Scottish festival was this past weekend so there was live music, vendors, horse rides, a little train ride and a petting zoo. There were just so many cool things and all of the beautiful scenery, the orchard is situated on little rolling hills with a couple of little ponds connected by little outlets of water. It really is beautiful.
I have had the best of intentions to make applesauce this Autumn season, but I have not taken the time to get apples. Well, now I don't have an excuse! I bought a peck, and am going to give it a shot this weekend. Wish me luck! Plus, Ainzli brought home a recipe for applebutter, which she has informed me she loves. I would really enjoy making the applebutter out of my own applesauce. Just like Caroline did on the prairie......... I was also able to finish up my third week word for my bible study. (I think I will post all of those at the end of the study) I just love a fun filled weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment