7.25.2011

Peanut Butter


Well, this all started with letting the girls pick out a recipe that they would like to try. Ainzli chose a pita pizza recipe. Lillie chose homemade peanut butter. If you should know, she could live on peanut butter. Loves it is an understatement.
For a couple of years now I have been buying peanut butter that only has peanuts in it. It has to be stirred and refrigerated. It can take a little getting used too, but worth it.  All I can say it read your labels! Unidentifiable words are not very far down on the label.
So it was easy. Super easy. My kind of easy. Dry roasted peanuts, EVOO, and a little salt.
I put it all in the food processor. Processed the holy bejeeses out of it (or till it was smooth). Transferred it to the jar. Refrigerate. It will keep for up to two weeks. I don't have to worry about that, it will be gone long before then.:)


Autumn

1 comment:

  1. I have made almond butter the same way, since that is what we eat instead of peanut butter. Love making things from scratch!!

    ReplyDelete