4.28.2011

Loving The Squares


I have been wanting to hang more pictures around the house for quite sometime. You would think with my shutter addiction my house would be overflowing with pictures. Well, it's not. Honestly, I am really good at getting them on my computer, messing around with them and then........it ends there. So, I had my mind set on this project and was determined to see it through.

Shannon and I made the lights that are hanging on either side last fall. That was a fun project we did together! So I thought, do we do a family picture? No. Just the little women? No. A mixture of a few of my favs? No. Then I saw on some random website, a lady did a "hybrid" family picture. I loved it! So the wheels are spinning in the old noggin, right, I can do that I just have to accumulate good pictures of all of us. Easy to do for three of the people in the Grismore abode. Me, not so much! Oh, but thanks to Abby, it all fell into place (as you can see the picture does have my little women in it, way in the back!).

So with much planning, I got started. I wanted to make a statement and that is what I did. They are each a 20x20 square. I don't know if that is hard to see in the image above, but they are large'n and incharge'n!

I did the sectional frames from Hobby Lobby to get exactly the size I wanted. Making the frames is a snap and you can get everything you need right there. Honestly, the hardest part was hanging them so that the space in between is even. That is where a husband who deals with measurements and tolerances daily comes in handy. :)

My plan is to at least get something printed every month. I will be working on a book from our little vacation, that excites me beyond words. I will get it done. I will get it done. I WILL GET IT DONE!

So I finished a project, yeah me!

Enjoy your projects and I have faith that we will finish them!

Autumn:)

2 comments:

  1. They look amazing!! What a great focal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Autumn- this is absolutely amazing! Its sooo beautiful and looks so awesome! You guys are soo beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete