11.14.2011

A Tooth & A Birthday



She had been hysterical about it more than once. I do believe that we had threatened to hold her down once. Maybe twice. I can't decide if that is funny or just plain mean. It was so completely loose that it would lay forward and backward too easily. And then to top it all off, on Thursday she bumped it and it turned sideways!

But now it is out. Shannon pulled it Thursday evening. It was emotional (for her and her Daddy), but she realized that it really doesn't hurt. And she ate like she had a tape worm this weekend. It had been hindering her food intake.

Shannon and I have succumbed to the fact that our baby just lost her first tooth.

WTC! (What the Crap)

I am telling you what. Life is laying it on thick. I can wear my daughters shoes. My baby just lost her first tooth. And it's my birthday. But you know what, life is good. So "thick" is right where I want to be.

By the way, funny side note. This little ladies plan is to keep all of her teeth. She wants to put them all under her pillow at once. Really? She is very sure of that decision. She told me that she doesn't want the tooth fairy to have her teeth yet. Ok. Sounds good to me.



__________________________________________


Today is my birthday. Just another day. That is what my father-in-law says. I suppose. Although it is special when your daughters are sitting at breakfast and they break out their own rendition of Happy Birthday. That doesn't happen everyday!


You know that practice shot you take to check the lighting, focus, self timer stuff. 
Shannon jumped in on it. 
He makes me smile.




Thank you to my family for wanting, even suggesting this shot! 
 

Here's to a good book, coffee, and reading in my bed all morning. It's my birthday. And it's the small pleasures that mean so much.


Autumn:)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! You have a gorgeous family. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome birthday, it was wonderful seeing you and your family on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Autumn! I love the family photo, the girls are getting so big and your hair is LONG! I love it, you look happy and beautiful. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete