1.10.2012

Having Trouble

We seem to be having a serious issue with getting back on track at bedtime. This is nothing new for us. When we have a break bigger than a couple of days the bedtime just goes right out the window. Last night was no exception. Although the culprit was something all together different.



 This note was taped to Lillie's bedroom door.
I noticed it this morning. 
I suppose Ainzli just wanted to cover all her bases, 
you know, in case we couldn't find Lillie.:)




Their minds! Their minds were playing terrifying tricks on them last night. Ainzli is about to finish the second book in the Harry Potter series. That can be a little scarey in its self. Her National Geographic magazine came in the mail yesterday. There was a spread in it about Voldemort and Belatrix (?). She was leafing through it after bedtime. Lillie joined her after sneaking down the hall. They had a night light on looking through the pictures as Ainzli is reading the article.

I hear a noise coming from that end of the house. I bust Ainzli getting out a pillow and a couple of additional blankets from the linen closet. She is startled. She starts rambling. Like she always does when she is busted! So cute!

She explains to me that they are scared (or s carded. I LOVE IT!!!). I can see it on their faces. Lillie's eyes, laying in the dimly lit bedroom, are as big as silver dollars. Ainzli made her bed so they could sleep together. I let them. No harm. I told them no complaining in the morning of being tired. They didn't. Such good girls.

I asked Shannon if he remembered being scared at their ages. He said no. I told him I was scared all the time. Paralyzingly scared. My mind would race. The sounds in the old farmhouse out in the middle of a field would warrant me begging to sleep with my parents. They would make us sleep on their floor. Hey, it was better than having to return to the room that surely had someone in it who was going to steal me. I was afraid of someone kidnapping me. It makes me laugh now. Kidnap me. HA! They truly would have brought me back. No doubt in my mind. That little girl was a force to be reckoned with.

Kids and their imaginations running wild. I wished that mine would run wild like it used too. Oh the stories I could conjure up. !



Autumn:)


1 comment:

  1. First I love "scarded" too cute and secondly tell those girls that Uncle Alan used to wait until Aunt Mandy would go bowling and then he would run around the house, shut off all the lights and scare Monte and I half to death. AND what's worse, he'd then yell at me to to off lights because I wanted everything totally lit so as not to be scared. Love you!

    ReplyDelete