1.18.2012

Playing Hookey

What do you do when you know your child could/should go to school, but in your heart you know they are just tired? I did something I never thought I would do. I let her stay home. After all it is just kindergarten. I would never say that in front of her, but it's the truth.
I did feel guilty on the way to take Ainzli to school. I know she was tired too. But cripes, missing in third grade is completely different than kindergarten.
Like night and day!
For goodness sake, Ainzli has to do a science fair project this year! What the ......!!!!!! That packet came home and I was dumbfounded. That's a whole-nother bottle of wine story! Obviously I am a little sore about it.

So what exactly do you get to do at home on a day you play hookey? Sort of played hookey. She did go back to bed and slept till 10. Not anything too exciting. Except play Guess Who about a million times. That's always very exciting.



You do have to get your picture with your mama. 
And you must be agreeable.



You do have to pose so very sweetly.
With large, black as coal, eyes. 


You also realize just how much you miss your big sister.
And apparently the day is so much longer at home than at school.
And the bus never gets here quick enough.  


Autumn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment