1.19.2012

A Nickname With Swagger

......Lillie Joel.....

It was coined. By none other than Rod (Uncle Rod, but the girls don't call him that?). He said it right before her Christmas recital. This was the first recital she really noticed was a recital, so the nerves were on high alert. She looked at me with even bigger black eyes and a paler face. 

He said it again later on in the holidays. She told me she wished he wouldn't call her that. In the back of my mind I am thinking, "I love it. It fits her. Thank you Rod for this awesome nickname.!" 
I use her new nickname occasionally. It is growing on her. 



 Practicing in the hallway. 
On the little pink keyboard her Papaw gave her.
She is learning about Beethoven right now.
The fact that he was helping support his family at 12 blows her mind.
Mine too. 


Autumn:)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm just trying to figure out how "uncle rod" got invited to the recital when you forgot to call me??? and Audri wasn't even aware??? you've got some makin' up to do missy! just kidding, Lillie Joel is precious!

    ReplyDelete