10.27.2011

Handy Photo Overload

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. We have had one busy, busy month. At times I doubt my abilities to handle so much "busy".............. but that's a whole other post!
We recently got back from our annual Fall Break trip to Grammy and D's. They relocated to the foothills of Tennessee a couple of years ago. And man does it make for a nice, beautiful, fun filled, affordable trip! WooHoo!!
I had one goal and one goal only for this trip. I wanted to take a hike. Not a baby hike. Not a Mt. Kilimanjaro hike. A hike that would be doable for the little women and push us a little physically as well. We did. It was awesome. It was probably a couple of miles. It got the heart rate up. And we all loved it! Loved it! Loved it!
We like to explore and boy is the area packed full of places to explore!


Day One:

We just went up Grammy & D's back hill. You see down there it is just a hill. Not in our hometown. It is a mini mountain! It was fun.
Ainzli just ran around. She is one busy girl. She tried to break limbs and destruct trees. You know, things she enjoys best.
Ms. Blue was on the hunt for moss and fungi.








Our treasures. 
That is what we call them. 
Treasures.


Ms. Blues work of art. 
Look at those sweet little delicate hands. 
So proper.:)




Day Two:


The hike. It was wonderful. I love my little women.:)



Ainzli and Grammy. 
Walking the trail. 
Ainzli can wear Grammy's shoes. 
Please tell me you remember how cool it was when you could
finally wear an adults shoes!?






I have never, not ever, seen a fungus like this. 
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!



These are my new leg warmers. 
They are the arms from a sweater I bought at Goodwill.
I saw the idea somewhere on the world wide web sometime ago.
I always think I will remember where I get ideas so I can credit them, but if it doesn't happen
within the hour it is hopeless!
By the way, I don't think everyone is sold on this total awesomeness :)
(My oldest daughter!)



Hmmmmm! 
Saw this at a hotdog joint.
I sent it to my husband.



Grammy/Ava and I tasted wine at the local winery.
Not too bad. 
The best part was the location.
Breathtaking!





Day Three:


A walk in Rogers Creek Valley. This church sits right around the bend from Grammy and D's. It is so peaceful. I joke that when we go visit I could sit on the couch the entire time. Not true, but I don't think I would have to leave the valley.




 This is funny. 
Especially now that I see it here.
I am wearing the other half of my leg warmer idea. 
Oh, Autumn:)
 

This is Rogers Creek. 
It also runs through Grammy and D's property.
We so like to play in and around the creek. 
In the creek happens in the summer.
If you are Ainzli it could happen year round!


Aaahhh. That was nice looking at all these pictures. Now I must get back in the groove.
Back to life.
Back to reality!

Autumn:)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all had a wonderful Fall Break! The pictures are gorgeous. We definitely enjoyed our trip also.....didn't want to come home!

    ReplyDelete