10.17.2011

My Thing



I keep telling myself someday. Now is not the time. Right now I am being a mom. Not just a mom. Not just a stay at home mom (which has only been the case since the end of July). I am the mom. The best mom I know how to be. It is by far and away exactly my current "sweetspot".

I finished Max Lucado's book "Cure for the Common Life" a couple of weeks ago. Before that book reading was like a mission. Since that book I have read nothing. I really took it to heart. What is Autumn's sweetspot? What is my purpose? What is the one thing my Creator endowed me with that He did no one else?  Right now I am laughing. I have worried about it. Laughed about it. Almost cried about it one night.  I cannot think of one thing. I am not kidding. I was trying to do the study guide at the end of the book. This "question and think" area.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic. I know. Someday. Yes. It (my thing) will fall and gently soak me like a warm summer rain. Or maybe it already has and I dismissed it. Or it scared me too much so I wrapped it up and put it away. I surely hope not. Until then I will be what I am. A wife. A mother. A homemaker. A pursuer. To the best of my abilities. I will be satisfied. No, I will be more than satisfied. I will drink it in. All of the it. The good. The bad. The wanted. The unwanted. All of it. With a big smile on my face and more grace than I could possibly deserve. All knowing that "my thing" and I will meet. 

Someday.
Somewhere.
Somehow.





No comments:

Post a Comment