11.02.2010

Meet Joe (in) Black

Yesterday was a wonderful day for Shannon, when I talked with him he sounded great. This is Johannes (from here forward know as "Joe"), he and Shannon have become good friends. When Joe was over here we took him out to Acton country and showed him around. Shannon took him a ride in the Camaro, Poppa's Corvette, and they took a four-wheeler ride down by the river. All of these confirm country boy from Farmland! We had a wonderful time that day and Joe is a great guy.
Joe returned the experience in grand proportions! Shannon was able to meet Bittina (wife), Rolf (son) and Joe's Mom. They toured the countryside, Joe's village, and went 165 Kilometers an hour on the Autoban. We will hear all about it when he gets home.

Shannon flew out at 10 am from Dusseldorf, on his way to Italy. He is now just 5 hours ahead of us, their daylight savings was this past Sunday. I have not spoken with him yet, but he was ready to get there. He will be with someone from Brevini most of the time he is in Italy. Shannon likes to be around people, so this trip has been challening on so many levels. Italy will be a completely different experience, he is getting picked up from the airport in a limo! What now, Shannon the Rockstar! I am looking forward to hearing from him today.


Meet Joe. This is his Ford Mondeo. Why can't we get that car here in the states? Very Volvo-esk. 

This is Joe's village. That is really all I know. Shannon didn't give me anymore information, but.........I can only imagine waking up every morning, pouring myself a cup of black coffee and heading out to my front porch (or this time of year, front picture window) and seeing this.  

Rolf: he is Joe's 14 month old son. Joe is a die-hard biker. So he started Rolf out early on the motorcycle! Rolf turned 1 year when Joe was over here. Joe travels for very long periods of time for his job. He was only home for 3 days and was willing to spend one with Shannon. I am forever grateful!



As for the girls and I, we are getting to hang out just the three of us. Last night we laid in Lillie's bed, all three of us, and just chatted. I just love my girls. We definitely miss him, but we look at it with a positive attitude.

Tonight, Ainzli is going to registration for the Royerton basketball league. I think she is a little nervous. I asked her about volleyball and she really has no interest. Soccer, no interest. Basketball, we will see.

Lillie had piano last night, and she got her first Christmas song to practice. She is so close to mastering Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Miss Kathy says she is doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment