1.29.2011

Frame Perfect



Let me tell you, this feels good. I finally accomplished something, start to finish, and with better results than I had imagined.

If I haven't told you already, I love the artwork that my girls do. There are paintings, drawings, coloring pages, crafts all over our house. They maybe be taped to the wall, magnetically frozen to our frig or glued to something (even the wall, guess who, you bet, Ainzli!)

Ainzli brought home this geometric vibrant painting this week. I LOVE IT! Honestly, it must not have been one of her favorites. I found it in her bag, folded up, with no real intention of making it a point to show me. I have been eyeing this metal sectional framing at Hobby Lobby since before Christmas. Yes, you have to build your own frame, get the glass, the foamcore board, but............... you create the size!

So, I thought, I am going to do this. 'Yeah for me', the metal sectional framing was on sale! I always wait for sales at that store, I love cool stuff, but it has to be cost effective. So here is the rundown:

  • 1 pair of 18 in. frame
  • 1 pair of 12 in. frame
  • 1 16x24 foamcore board (had to cut myself on the craft table at home)
  • 1 roll of picture hanging wire
  • 1 16x20 piece of cut glass (Lowes cut this for me to the 12x18 size)

Ok, so drum roll please................. it all cost $19.90! Oh yes, you heard me, less than $20. I got the framing, foamcore and wire for 50% off.  I honestly thought I was going to hyper ventilate at Lowes when I saw how cheap the glass was. I was talking a mile a minute to the lovely gentleman helping me, and I think I freaked him out. As I was walking away he said it was nice to see someone in such great spirits. 

I put this all together in less than an hour this morning. It is hanging in the front room for all to see!

                
Autumn   :) 

1 comment:

  1. Well hells bells! You blog too! Love it and will be reading. I just love your little family.

    ReplyDelete