8.14.2013

Holland

We took a mini vacation in the middle of July. What, it's not still the middle of July? Holy Moley! But, I am getting the brief overview here now. I don't want to forget these little trips. We always have more fun than I ever expect. I don't know what it is, but we just blossom in new places. We are never anxious or nervous. Flourish, I tell you. We flourish.
Holland, Michigan. Who knew you could have a world away vacation in only 3 short hours?



 As soon as we arrived our bikes came off the rack.
They were our main mode of transportation the entire trip.
We rode to Windmill Island.
The girls were enjoying the horses.



 Windmill Island.
Hence, the windmill.
And said horses.



 The channel connecting a smaller lake to Lake Michigan.
Dug by hand in the late 1800's.
Big Ben.
The privately owned lighthouse.



 We really enjoyed watching whatever was coming through 
the channel.



 Every Thursday night in the summer
they shut down a couple of blocks and have a small street fair.
Very artsy little town.
We are in love.



 Shannon is showing Ms. Blue how to cut the sleeves off
of a shirt with a pocket knife.
Major survival skill.



 Why do I love your serious looks the most, my beauty?
I always have.




 Who knew you could have a beach vacation so close to home?
Awesome!



 Evening swim.
The beach was cleared out.
Not a soul to contend with.
That is when my heart starts thanking God for all his beauty.



 I love my sun hats.
She loves my sun hats.
We jockey for my sun hats.
Get your own little lady.
Oh wait, that's ok, you look too precious in it!



 This girl is like a fish.
Just try to get her to leave this water.
Good luck.
Side Note: The long thing in the background is a pier.
We jumped off of it.
All 4 of us.
Shannon said I was a little scarey.
Sorry, but my crazy roots break the surface when fun like that starts calling!



 Wake up sleepy head.
Get your booty out of bed.
She is so precious with her blankey tucked up under her face.



 We browsed the farmers market.



 We look like pros, don't we?



 The little women.



 The man and the woman.



 Um, hello!
Who has the best family ever?
(Two thumbs pointing back at her) 
This girl!



 The only think she wanted the entire 4 days were wooden shoes.
So, yep, she got.
$36 later!
What!
But they are so cute, and she does clank around the house in them.
Love.



What!
Don't judge!
It was on the way home. 
Sort of.
We love their brews.
And yes, that is one of my daughter's hands.



The trip was great. We had a wonderful time. We will be returning. You should give it a try. I have heard any town along the eastern coast of Lake Michigan is worth seeing. Hopefully, we will be telling you about a few more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment