2.03.2011

The Ice Pile




We are on snow day number three. The Grismore Girls spent at least an hour and a half enjoying our frozen landscape. The image above is just letting you know how much I loved this day! Sis took this picture of the shadow of my hands. I have been saying it forever, get a camera in your child's hands as soon as they can hold the weight!





The Grismore Girls: Shadow Style








We have quite a large dirt pile in our backyard, at the present time it is ice covered and fun-fun-fun for sledding. The dirt pile originated from the new pool that is now in our backyard. It truly feels like we may never be able to splash around in it ever again. In fact, we were trying to see how thick the ice is on it!







They were using process of elimination to find out the best way to get down the ice pile (normally known as the dirt pile). They went bum first, head first on stomach, head first on back, sideways; you name it, they tried it. There was so much laughing this afternoon, at supper, Ainzli said her side hurt!







I am amazed at how many pictures I have that have hats and gloves in them. Hats definitely do not make it long on my girls heads, gloves typically a little longer. Did I mention how much fun we had today!





I love this shot. I feel like I could tell you that we are out West, scaling a beautiful part of the Rockies and you might honestly believe me. I can dream, right?  







So we will begin snow day number 4 tomorrow. I just pray that this will be the last one. It makes me crazy in the Spring when the kids are going to school into June. When it is nice out I want my girls home with me, but today is a day I would not give to Spring for anything. 

Here's to your snow day, cabin fever and all!

Autumn :)

1 comment:

  1. great photos. you really could convince someone the girls were scaling a mountain =)

    ReplyDelete