2.26.2011

The Long Way Home

Yesterday, when the girls and I left the office, I decided we would take the long way home. On a regular day, taking the highway, it is a 10 minute drive. Ours was 45 minutes. What a country cruise (and not the kind of country cruising from high school)!

The third seat was down, so I let the girls just play and ride in the back, we drove slow, and I told them to be on the look out for cool things to take pictures of.

We were coming up on the end of our country tour, just passing Garfield's house, cresting this small hill, and low and behold hanging out on the road was this little guy. I love the look of a bassett hound. They look so dopey and lovable. We stopped and he walked right up to the Loser Cruiser. I was talking to him in my "animal" voice. I would have heisted him into Ollie Odyssey if he would not have been in front of his house. No joke, ask my husband how many random animals I have brought home.




We were not in front of their house for long. Long enough to snap 2 pictures and have "animal" voice conversation. Apparently he did not want us to leave. He followed us over the hill, just as far as his short little legs would take him. Ainzli was a little worried he might get hit or lost. I told her not to worry, he wouldn't go too far. He did eventually give up and turn around.




Here's to man's best friend and his relentless pursuit of us.

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment