6.13.2011

The Buzzing

The buzzing was loud. I was sitting out on the party pad, reading my book and listening to the girls play. It was not a familiar sound. I get up and look around. When I finally do look up into my neighbors big oak tree I see quite a few bees in the very top. Ok, I thought, they are pretty loud. Still thinking that could not be all of them. 
The girls want to get in the pool. We are getting everything ready and Ainzli sees a few bees floating in it. She mentions the loud buzzing sound. I say I know. I think it is coming from there (I point to our neighbors tree). She says no I think it is coming from right there. She points directly up. 
There are thousands of them! And I mean thousands! They are wrapped around a branch in the middle section of our hickory tree. Then, almost like they were commanded, the majority of them exit the branch. It was like a black cloud. Some went here, some went there. So in unison. 
We kept our eye on them. They never bugged us. Not one little bit. So I go back to reading. The buzzing is still there.
Later in the day, I do not see them at all. There is not one straggler that I can find. They are all wrapped around our limb. You cannot hear them. You cannot see them. If you knew to look and where then you could spot them. 
It was really cool to watch and listen to them.









They are now gone. Not a single trace of them. They were still in their big limb wrap yesterday morning. Then by afternoon, hasta la vista.
Interesting experience, to say the least. I believe I can now check off "bee cloud" from my bucket list!

Autumn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment