6.21.2011

The White Swan

Old cars have always been a part of my life. Even before I knew they were considered "old" cars. I love to cruise around with the vent at my feet open, windows down and the AM radio speaking to me.
Shannon inherited a 1964 Buick Special from his Grandmother, not long after his Grandfather passed away. It has been in their family since about 1965 or 66'.
This last weekend Shannon and the little women went out and tinkered on it, got it running, and drove it home. He was beyond excited. It was running a little rough, so with a little help and a couple of new parts, it is now running well.


It is tradition to wash it as soon as it pulls in the front yard. Yes, that's right, the front yard. Rarely does it get parked in the driveway. Most of the time, it is parked in the front yard. It is in the garage at night.



Isn't it cool?! Shannon's Grandpa nicknamed it "The White Swan". I asked him one time why The White Swan and he plainly stated "because it's white." Good enough for me.


I have some very memorable pictures of our family and I can think of a handful that incorporate this car. It is an amazing memory maker for us and we have so much fun in it.
If you see a vintage car cruising around your area be sure to throw a wave up.

Autumn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment