6.24.2011

Confession of a Food Snob: #3

I hope you know that I do not mean to sound pretentious with the title of my food posts. It kind of cracks me up and I hope it does you as well! Plus, I have kind of fallen of the "healthy" eating wagon this summer. Whooo girly you need to chase that wagon down!
I have been snacking like crazy lately. It must be summer. It is almost like we graze instead of actually sitting down for a meal. Honestly, I don't mind, but in my case it depends of how long it has been since I have seen the inside of a grocery store. I try to let the girls choose something healthy every week that will be there go to snack. Ms. Blue did not have one this week, per say, she just really likes Key Lime yogurt. I suppose there could be worse things.


 This would be the snacking combo Ainzli would choose. She loves berries, basically any kind of berry. She picks them out, cleans them, and gets it all together herself. That is definitely a good feeling when your children can fend for themselves.


Here is one of my snacks from this week. Bing cherries. I ate this entire bowl myself (while I was playing this silly bubble game on the iPhone. Ridiculous how addicted I was becoming. I had to step away!). I did have a bit of an upset stomach afterwards, but they are worth it. 


There is nothing better then veggies on a charcoal grill. Last year we purchased a wok (that is the bowl type apparatus with the holes in it), Shannon has mastered the technique. We probably eat this 3 or 4 times a week. We will try to grill anything, trust me!


Although this post was all over the map, I hope you are enjoying the produce section of your grocery, a farmers market or maybe even your own little garden this summer. Music to my taste buds!

Autumn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment