6.10.2011

It Starts




I try to have, at least, some thought of what I will read in summer. Whether it is a number of books, a genre, an author, etc.  This summer I will be reading books from Oprah's Book Club. I did not watch her show much at all. Odd to say the least, she is one amazing woman. I have read a couple of books (East of Eden and White Oleander, I think there was one more but I can't think of it) that she has recommended over the years and really liked them. This is my tribute to her and her moving on to do more amazing things for the world.

So my first read of the summer is.................... a million little pieces by james frey.  There is a HUGE story behind this book. Long story short.

He claims it is a memoir. Oprah loves it. Because of her love, it sky rockets for him. Turns out he lied. Oprah is miffed. He takes her brow beating on national television (He deserved it, you don't lie to Oprah! Come on James!). He goes through hard times. He redeems himself. He ends up being one of her top 5 favorite guests.

A friend recommended this book to me and I bought it two days before the whole implosion of James Frey. So I stopped reading it. I don't have any clue why, it is a good book. I suppose I just wanted it to be a play by play of a "real" tortured life. Anyway, I saw his last interview on her show and it was amazing.

I love redemption stories.


Autumn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment