6.29.2011

Sleeping Beauty

Ms. Blue is definitely a little girl. She is so much fun to watch grow. There really are only two things that we have left from her baby stage. Her blankie. Which is just fine with me. Her thumb. This one is a little more of a problem. We are working so diligently on getting this habit broken, and wow, is it quite a habit to break.




I had some suggestions that we tried with no success. They either just did not work or were not worth the fight. I wish that I would have tried to tackle this a little bit earlier. I don't want to sounds vain, but I don't want her teeth to scream " I was a thumb sucker!". Our dentist told me that she doesn't show major signs but we really need to get her broke of it.
One of Ainzli's good friends was a thumb sucker and her Mom gave me a suggestion that is working beautifully!  A glove. One of those stretchy gloves. You know the ones you have a dozen of, but can never find the match. Yeah, those. I bought her two pair. One pair is just plain black and the other pair have smiley faces all over them. Ms. Blue cracks me up. She told me when she has a "good"day she wears the smiley face one. A "bad"day warrants the all black one. Apparently the previous day in the picture above was a "good" day!
There are days when we forget. (Crap!) There are also mornings that she wakes up and it is off. But all in all, we are conquering our last baby habit. Yeah!

Autumn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment