9.06.2011

Handy Photo Tuesday: NHRA Edition

We went. I was giddy. We were able to see and do things that I had only seen other people do from the outside of the ropes. Thank you Sandvik and Brevini Wind!:) What an experience.

For those of you who do not know what NHRA stands for: National Hot Rod Association.
Basically it is for people who like to go fast. We are talking super fast.
For example, going 300 miles per hour in one quarter mile. Woohoo!!!!
It's awesome. It's an experience. It's something that gets in your blood.



We sat in the stands. 
Ear plugs in. 
Watching the first round of qualifiers for the day.
These particular cars are in the "Top Fuel" class.






After watching the racing for awhile we headed to one of the four VIP Tents for DSR (Don Schumacher Racing). We had lunch. On either side of the tent were the race cars, drivers, and the semi trailers they use as their garages at the races. It amazes me how they set all of this up for just a weekend, but they seem so permanent.




Our guide for the day came up to us and asked if we wanted a tour. I said, "absolutely." Not really knowing exactly what that meant. We get up and he walks us right through the doorway that goes directly to the cars, drivers, and their trailers. I could not believe it!


 Shannon and I. 
Standing directly beside the body of 
Matt Hagan's Funny Car. 
"Funny Car" is another class of drag racing.



 Matt Hagan and myself. 
He is up and coming. 
Very nice man. Told us his back story. 
Showed us all the in's and out's of the car.
We were shown his clutch and they told me no pictures.
Guess I look like a spy for another team!



Ron Capps and myself.
I just know my sister is coveting this picture!
He is not up and coming.
He's There!
If you know drag racing. You know Ron Capps. 


Shannon asked me what the best part of the day was.
I told him, hands down, seeing every aspect of the inside of their trailers.
These are complete garages on wheels.
Anything you can think of to get one of these high tech machines on the track competitively,
is in these trailers.
The crew can change the complete working systems on one of these cars in less than an hour.
It is truly amazing.
The trailers are completely hooked together with very large doorways.
These particular ones below are four wide.
Oh yeah and they are spotless. Completely spotless. Crazy!








These are the guys I hung 
out with for the day.



Me. 
Being Me. 
Which can be just down right goofy.
In this picture we are inside part of Don Schumacher's personal trailer.
This gentleman owns four of these cars. 
He is pretty much "the man".



The shoes were good. 
Love them.
I cannot wait to break them totally in.



Yes. It has to be posted to have a shirt and shoes on.
I noticed the further into the day we got
the less shirts I saw.


He could have taken anyone. 
He took me.
I love him. 


Autumn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment