9.01.2011

Didn't See This Coming


The newness (not sure if that is a word, but my grammar here has been horrible lately so why not keep the trend up!) has worn off. Ainzli convinced Ms. Blue to tell me that she cried at school on Monday. Oh golly. This is not good. Not good at all. We were rolling. She was excited. Oh yeah, why didn't she tell me?! She is now struggling to get out of bed in the morning. I expected that. The coolness always wears off. But not crying. Did not expect this.
She told me that she is gone for seven hours every day. "Mommy, that is long and I miss you." How did I hold it together? I am not sure. But I did. Mama has to be strong.
This morning I walked her to her class. First time I have done this. She wanted/needed me too. She gave me a hug and I could see there were little tears welling at the bottom of those big brown eyes. They did not fall in the hallway. I pray they did not fall. She walked right into her classroom. I didn't look in. Just turned and walked out to the loser cruiser.









There are days she seems so big, strong, bold.......well beyond her years.
But most days she is simply my baby and she is struggling right now.
She will get through it. I know it. But we are in the eye of the storm and it is hard. Oh golly, is it hard.

So I will be joining her for lunch today:) School pizza, baby!

Autumn:)

1 comment: