8.30.2011

Handy Photo Tuesday: Homework Edition

Handy Photo Tuesday. Don't you love it! I surely hope so.
Oh my. This one is fun!

We have hit the year of homework. It is every night. It is not only one paper, like last year. It is at least two subjects with a math time test and spelling bingo to boot.  Ainzli is doing great with it. She comes home with about 20 minutes of down time, snack included. Then she gets started.  I am sssoooo glad we established the "homework table" last year. Not kidding. Shear genius!

So this particular day Ainzli wanted me to sit directly beside her and help her with every single question. I will not do this. It is not my homework. It is English. I know she knows what she is doing. I will pass through frequently for moral support.


Not Good Enough! So I concede. I pull up my rocking chair. Sit behind her. I stay there because I can sense that we are on the verge of some sort of melt down. I am pretty sure this is what good mama's do.

And it goes a little something like this.........................


This isn't so bad.



Read a chapter in my much loved
"Around the World in 80 Days".



OMG. Now I remember why homework stinks!



I must widen my eyes to keep from falling asleep! 



 My view.
Poor Sis. 
So diligently working. 



"Way to Go, Ainzli!"
I was chanting this in my head.  



Phone on vibrate.
I snuck up behind her.
She never even knew I was there.



It was an hour.
This was the longest evening for homework.
She finished.
No tears.
Felt good about it.
Didn't complain.
Awesome.


Autumn:)

2 comments:

  1. oh how I wish it were only an hour of homework. It is 6 pm, we started just before 3 (her choice), stopped for 30 minutes for supper. It is now 6 pm, and we still have more social studies, spelling paper, math paper, and reading. YIKES

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at that I am so overwhelmed I stated the time twice!

    ReplyDelete