8.17.2011

Where Did It Go?

Time that is! I promise, this will soon end. I am really just trying to adjust. I knew it would be hard. I did not realize the day would drag out so long. Yesterday, I did domestic things. Got quite a bit done. Still had time to eat lunch insanely slow and read, read, read.

For those of you who have little ones I am sure their is a little piece of you, on certain days, that longs for when "everyone" is in school. I can remember that flash. One is crying, the other is pouring juice down the front of the cabinets and you are certain that it will never end. It does. Sometimes you have guilt for your thoughts. Sometimes you yelled. That night, as you contemplate the day, looking back it was not all that big of a deal. It wasn't. But don't worry, I would say 97% of us mama's have been there. The other 3% have something I don't. If you are one of them please tell me what it is so I can try to acquire it.  

I can remember when Lillie was a baby and Ainzli was a little girl, wondering what it would be like when they were 9 and 6. I specifically remember 9 and 6! I have arrived at 9 and 6. What! When! How! It seemed so far away then. At that time; time seemed to stand still. No longer. It is zooming. And it seems to be leaving me behind. I know it isn't. I am here for all of it. I am so immensely grateful for that. It is still zooming. Full speed ahead with no way to apply the brakes.

It's ok. In fact, it's great. I am just so.........so "crazy" right now. We have had some major changes in our life over the last couple of months. Good changes. Great changes. I had a wise person once tell me, "the only thing in life that is constant is change." Yep, sure is.:)


I have had this one in my "BlogFamily" folder since May. 
My little women and me. Mother's Day. Picnic at the reservoir. 
I know this is a random one.
I am the conductor of the crazy train this week!


Ms. Blue and I had a day to ourselves last week. We were just walking around enjoying each others company. She thinks it is just a "regular" day. 
Oh no love, it's not. 
We are making memories!


A very nice man offered to take our picture. He walked up from behind me while 
Lillie was taking my picture. 
I am sure that looked no less than odd. 
A little lady with a big camera. 
He seemed nice enough, so of course I told him just what to do. 
I can be slightly bossy, even to strangers. 
Thank you nice passer by. I would not have this shot without you. 

 I am off to my domestic duties. Taking on Lillie's room today. Daunting task I tell you, daunting.


Autumn:)

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. I miss Ryan terribly. I miss Rebecca to, but in a different way because Ry and I had all that time alone to bond in a different way. It was all I could do to not cry the day I walked him to kindergarten. If anyone would have even said hi to me I would have lost it. Now, the kids were so excited to get to school, and I was ready for a little down time to plan and prepare for the time I spend with them afterschool. It gets easier, however time does seem to continue to speed up. I remember Jon saying in 5 years rebecca will be in kindergarten and thinking that seemed so far away, and now I have a 3rd grader...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie starts next week. I thought I was ready. I am not. Add a sick father into the equation and I am a mess!!

    ReplyDelete