8.29.2011

Just Thinking

I got to thinking this weekend about a few things. I was looking at the six pictures I snapped. They were enough. They tell a complete story. Just the six of them. A story of how a mother and an aunt take time to pass down their knowledge about things they know best. About how their mother did the same for them. And about how this mother will, God willing, do the same.





My mama. My aunt. 
The process in which you are able to enjoy 
sweet corn throughout the winter.



It is quite the assembly line. 
The huge pots of boiling water.
The big bowls in which you "scrape" the corn.
The baskets on the floor for the bare cobs.
The bags at the end full of the yummy sweetness.


The two beautiful women whom I get to share this scene with. 



Thank you Mom and Aunt Mandy. Love you both. Dearly.

*Sidenote: If you were ever curious about a kitchen with different colored cabinets on top and bottom. You should definitely take a stroll to my mama's kitchen. She designed it all by herself. She did an amazing job!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Autumn! You and your mama are wonderful ladies! and I'm proud to be able to say that I know you both :)

    ReplyDelete