8.01.2011

It's A Big Day, Folks!

For any of you out there who have elementary school children or remember being an elementary school child, you probably get the significance of this day. The day you find out who your teacher is! Oh Golly! Even before second grade was over, Ainzli was talking about who she wanted for third grade. You always go through the same conversation, "It doesn't matter, it will be a good year.............You are a good student so really you shouldn't worry...........I have heard good things about them all.....etc, etc, etc."
Well I'll be doggoned if Ms. Ainzli did not get who she wanted, again, this year!
What kid gets so blessed as to get the teacher she has wanted every year since kindergarten? Ms. Ainzli that is who. I was trying to break the ice of disappointment for her this year, but it was all in vain!
We were pretty certain who Ms. Lillie would get. The same teacher Ainzli had in kindergarten. She did.
I am excited. We are all smiles here at the Grismore abode. And for good reason. It is going to be a great school year. I can just feel it in my bones. :)


All smiles.............. :)



We enjoyed an ice cream cone when we got home today. Hm, I hope that thing isn't stuck!



They were talking, like sisters do, out on the party pad. And then they started playing footsie. Honestly, I beam at stuff like this. :)



Here Ainzli is informing Lillie of some the things she will be doing in her teachers class. There are so many things to tell her now. "From experience", of course. 


Oh my, summer break is coming to an end.
There is a bitter sweetness in the air.
Good things to come.
Good things to come.


Autumn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment