8.19.2011

The Lone Eater

As we are finishing up our first full week of school. It really has been wonderful! I had a few concerns for Ms. Blue. It was nothing too big, but concerning considering I know her so well.

Ms. Blue is a fairly slow eater. I am talking feels like she is going in reverse some days. We will finish up supper, the other three of us, and she will have barely touched her food. We are eating at normal pace, talking, Ainzli is asking to be excused and I will look over and Ms. Blue has taken maybe 5 bites.


This was concerning to me. I tried to the best of my abilities to get her prepared. We started to time our lunches about a week before school started. I would tell her this is when lunch will start. We would eat. Ainzli and I would finish. Ms. Blue would still be sitting there. I would tell her, "ok, at school, lunch would be over."

The first time her eyes got as big as silver dollars! She almost seemed a little panicky. It got better. She really did start to grasp that there will be only a certain amount of time. Good for her, lets just pray it makes it into her thoughts at school.

I think it has. She does eat quite a lot when I check her lunchbox. I am proud of her. She is getting so big. I just hope someday that she will start eating a little more quickly here at home. I won't hold my breath!


Last night. Supper. Table cleared. Dishwasher Full. Pots washed. 
Lillie still eating. 
This is pretty regular at the Grismore abode. 
Although, I will have to be honest, I love talking to her during this time.


Happy. Happy. Happy. Happy Friday to You!

Autumn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment